What You Need to Know About Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans such as a link to your savings account, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM Transactions
- One Time Debit Card Transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we DO NOT GUARANTEE that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do NOT authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Marshland Credit Union pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of $32 each time we pay an overdraft.
- There is no limit on the total fees we can charge your account.
What if I want Marshland Credit Union to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit cards transactions complete the form below and present it at a branch or mail it to PO Box 1957, Brunswick, Ga 31521. Or you may call us at 912 279-2000 or visit our website at https://www.marshlandfcu.coop to Opt In or Opt Out. You can revoke your authorization to apply these overdrafts at any time by any of the above methods. Your revocation must include both your name and your account number so we can properly identify your account.
By agreeing to have my overdrafts paid by the credit union, I understand that I have the right to revoke or change my election at any time. The revocation must be provided in writing.